WELCOME

The term Hillbilly used here is designed
as a generic term to describe Country & Western Music of the nineteen
forties and fifties. Feel free to use any of the information contained herein for what ever
purpose you deem appropriate; however, please acknowledge The Hillbilly
Researcher, and any individual who contributed information used to compile
these listings.
If you wish to reproduce any
photograph that is contained in the Blogg, please check first with the
individual who supplied the original. This does not apply to label scans which
you are most welcome to copy and use.

Feedback is most welcome, as are any
additions or corrections to the published listings. Check back on earlier
listings as they are updated when new information is received. Also click on
the Comments button, some great feedback coming through, Thanks to everyone who
has taken the time to contribute, especially Johan for the BILLBOARD data.


Search This Blog

Sunday 23 May 2010

COUNTRY RECORDS (California?)


COUNTRY No#
MARVIN KIRKLAND WITH STRING BAND
A Sad Letter (Side 1) (E3KB 0600)
(Billy Barton – M. Kirkland) (American BMI)
Its Just Got To End (Side 2) (E3KB 0601)
(Billy Barton – M. Kirkland) (American BMI)


Hear “Its Just Got To End”

3 comments:

  1. I don't download these songs directly to my hard drive. Instead, I start my recording application (Audacity) and play the song. Audacity records it while it plays.

    Before saving the recording to my drive, I make certain changes as necessary, such as removing surface noise, cutting or fading out tails, converting the stereo track to mono, adjusting overall level, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is it! Nice, awesome hillbilly (no tech. problem) Incidentally, another compo. of Billy Barton.... At last I can reach you, Alan. Every day I visit the site, and enjoy both music and labels.
    Can you help me? I need label scans for my site www.bopping.org. I suppose you don't have time to do that for others, however perhaps you know someone who could...Actually Eddie Noack and Sonny Burns Starday scans. Thanx-a-lot.
    Keep up the great work!
    Xavier (France)

    ReplyDelete